Clarion’s origins go back to 1985 and our founder, Ron Walker, was one of the co-founders of the Institute of Financial Planning (IFP) way back in 1987.
Since then, Clarion has been at the forefront of the financial planning profession and were one of the first financial planning firms in the UK to use cashflow modelling tools (originally Prestwood Professional & now Voyant). All of our financial planners are Chartered, as are the majority of our Associate Financial Planners, and we are also a Chartered firm.
Nowadays, every financial planning firm says that they put the client at the centre of everything they do, but we really mean it. We invest time in our clients, truly care about the outcomes and have a long track record of delivering over decades.
As well as being one of the most respected Chartered financial planning firms in the UK, we also have a discretionary investment management arm to the business and have our own range of OEICs meaning the working day is varied and interesting.
As of August 2021, we currently have 15 members of the team but are looking to rapidly expand and double in size within the next 3 years, whilst making sure that we maintain our exceptional standards.
Find more out about us by visiting our website: https://clarionwealth.co.uk
Job Role/ Duties
Our ambitious growth plans means that we are recruiting and there are lots of progression opportunities for the right people. We are currently recruiting an Associate Financial Planner.
At Clarion, we prefer to refer to Paraplanners as Associate Financial Planners (AFPs) to reflect the importance of their role in the advice process, rather than being seen as report writers. Our AFPs attend all client meetings and will develop a really close relationship with clients, often becoming the main contact for day to day queries.
We have an exceptional team of Associate Financial Planners within Clarion with representatives of the company winning the prestigious Paraplanner of the Year awards in 2015 and 2020. The main responsibilities of Associate Financial Planners at Clarion are:
- Ensuring Curo (our back office system) and Voyant records are immaculate and up-to date.
- Preparation for all meetings:
- Following Clarion’s processes to ‘deliver’ the adviser to a great meeting.
- Preparing the meeting agenda and proactively considering planning angles.
- All meeting follow up
- Producing excellent meeting minutes, and delivering against all agreed action points.
- Preparing compliant yet client-friendly advice files (including Suitability Reports) that look good, flow properly and make sense.
- Management of the client relationship and handling any issues between meetings
- Form a lasting, trusting relationship with clients by delivering excellent service.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of clients’ personalities, aims, objectives and financial situation.
- Handle all issues arising that the Adviser Client Support (Administrator) cannot handle and that do not require the involvement of the Financial Planner.
- Liaise with clients’ other professional advisers as/when required.
- Ensure clients’ Financial Plans always ‘make sense’
- Be aware of the ‘big picture’ – the holistic view of clients’ affairs and their financial plan.
- Worry about your clients financial plan, they are placing their future in our hands!
Ideally level 6 qualified (Chartered / Certified) although we will consider exceptional Level 4 candidates.
- Ability to read, digest and assimilate information efficiently.
- An eye for detail and accuracy.
- Highly organised, methodical, analytical and disciplined.
- Solutions (not problem) orientated.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent IT skills, particularly in the use of Excel and Word.
Behaviours, Values & Attitude
- Genuine desire for a long-term career as part of a happy and motivated team, delivering fantastic service to clients.
- Demonstrable adherence to Clarion’s Core Values
- Customer focused
- Team player
- Willingness to develop yourself and others
Salary of £35-45k dependent upon experience and qualifications.
- Support to achieve recognition for national awards.
- Discretionary annual bonus.
- 30 days holiday, including bank holidays.
- Group Personal Pension Provision
- Matched contributions up to 5% of salary (10% total)
- Salary exchange scheme with all employer NI savings invested into your pension.
- Death in Service Benefits (4 x Basic Salary)
- Healthcare Scheme (cashback scheme)
- Bike to Work Scheme
- Examination support (study leave, financial support and bonuses
Full time (Mon to Fri 09:00 to 17:00)
How to Apply
So, if you dare to be different and want a satisfying career then please can you send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subscribe to our mailing list
Become a Member
CPD in a Box, A discount on the annual conference, NextGen Premium content & much more
Get in touch
If you have questions, queries or would like to make a suggestions, please don't hesitate to get in touch with us.