WHO ARE SMITH and WARDLE FINANCIAL PLANNING?
We are a relatively small Independent Financial Planning team in numbers, but all have huge hearts. We always go that little bit further for our clients (who are at the forefront of our minds) and each other. We have been advising clients for more than 20 years and have incredibly strong relationships, built on trust and firm ethics. We offer a highly personal approach for our clients and pride ourselves on the client experience.
Our aim is to help our clients focus on their financial future by giving them clear options. Smith and Wardle want their clients to be delighted, and we can only achieve this if we have exceptional people working for us. So why not join us and be part of a caring, valued team?
WHAT’S THE ROLE?
To act as an integrator between the Visionaries and the rest of the team and to drive the business forward as per our Business Plan. We need someone who is energetic, focused and has the strength of character to help us build on the foundations we have set, to be a truly client-centric advice firm.
Financial Services experience is preferred, but not essential. Management, Business Strategy and Operations experience is essential. CV’s without evidence of this experience will not be reviewed.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Act as an integrator between the Partners and the rest of the team to ensure successful business development.
- Document and co-ordinate the implementation of the Business Plan.
- Chair and organise weekly team meetings. Strategy Business Days and monthly strategy meetings with the partners.
- Manage and oversee relationships with 3rd party suppliers and providers (e.g. landlord, compliance consultants, accountants, software and IT providers, marketing consultants) to secure optimal service agreements and deals.
Processes & Procedures
- Create and maintain internal service standards, and effective business processes and procedures.
- Oversee the delivery of all general office compliance and business administration, ensuring all legislative and business requirements are met.
- Manage the team and their workload to achieve set KPI’s.
- Arrange employment of new staff and terminations/resignations of existing staff.
- Oversee remuneration packages to ensure fairness and competitiveness.
- Ensure that all Health & Safety regulations are met at all times.
- Promote healthy working conditions and wellbeing of all staff.
Compliance & Finance
- Oversee general accounting functions e.g. payroll, bookkeeping and invoicing.
- Prepare financial statements and forecasts for the business (cashflow forecasts, quarterly budget, and relevant MI information).
- Ensure that all business activities are in line with the FCA and ICO requirements and assist the Partner’s in keeping the firm compliant, including overseeing day-to-day compliance management with the support of external consultants.
- Oversee all IT services and systems with help of external consultants.
- Ensure data security, IT, and disaster recovery policies are in place and working.
- Oversee marketing plans and objectives within the context of the overall Business Plan.
- Work with external consultants to manage marketing efficiency
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
As a team member at Smith and Wardle Financial Planning, you’ll be working for a successful, small, and friendly team. We don’t just want to deal with our clients differently, we also want to look after our people differently too!
We are looking for the right people, who can provide the exceptional levels of service and support that our clients are used to receiving from us. In return, you will work in spacious, light and airy offices within the industrial area of Hitchin. We have car parking and are only a short walk into the town centre.
You’ll be on a basic salary of between £40,000 and £50,000 (depending on experience), with an annual bonus potential of up to 10% which is dependent on the company reaching its business goals as well as you exceeding your own agreed KPI’s. We offer company benefits such as a company contributory pension scheme, as well as flexible holiday entitlement each year, because we think it’s important that you still have a personal life outside of work.
TO LAND THIS ROLE
If you are interested in joining us, then please send:
- Your CV
- Closing date for applications – 1st June 2021
- Telephone interviews – June 2021
- Face to Face/Video interviews – June & July 2021
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £40,000.00-£50,000.00 per year
COVID-19 considerations: Yes
Subscribe to our mailing list
Become a Member
CPD in a Box, A discount on the annual conference, NextGen Premium content & much more
Get in touch
If you have questions, queries or would like to make a suggestions, please don't hesitate to get in touch with us.