Eldon is recruiting for an Experienced Paraplanner with a closing date of 15th July 2020.
The Role: We are recruiting an Experienced Paraplanner to join the team at Eldon Financial Planning, an awarding winning Chartered Financial Planning firm based in Newton Aycliffe (DL5). Reporting to board level you will take responsibility for providing excellent paraplanning support to our clients sometimes on a face-to-face basis. You will be highly technical with great attention to detail and a focus on getting the task completed right first time. You are likely to have 5 or more years’ experience in a similar role including technical administration and be qualified to at least DipPFS with a desire to become a Chartered Financial Planner. Experience of process review and management is important as is workflow monitoring as a bridge between the administration and advisory teams. Most importantly we see this as permanent paraplanner role.
The Values Fit: We’re a friendly team in a positive environment that is strongly committed to providing the best quality service we can to our clients. We’re passionate about our purpose in making people’s lives better through our work. We collaborate to have continuous development of our team and believe exams aren’t the only element required in doing an excellent job. We will become employee owned at the end of 2021 so that our entire team benefits from our success.
The Company: Eldon is an independent Chartered Financial Planning firm, established in 2002 with the aim of becoming the North East’s premier personal Financial Planning practice and who are now multi award winners with national accolades such as ‘Chartered Financial Planners of the Year’ and being listed on Citywire’s “Top 100” firms every year. Client Services Director, Gemma Siddle, is the current Chartered Financial Planner of the Year and was previously Paraplanner of the Year with both the PFS and IFP. We have a small but highly qualified team who provide expert holistic advice and are committed to delivering a first-class service to high net worth clients.
The Package: c.£28,000-£40,000 + benefits including profit share, 33 days’ holiday including bank holidays + pension + life insurance + free parking + ongoing training and development.
The Role Responsibilities:
- Provide full paraplanning support to clients and advisers including; preparing client reviews including cashflow modelling; facilitate the take on of new clients from factfind, plan review, cashflow preparation, formulation of advice with the financial planner, attending meetings and preparing planning reports; research of products using proprietary tools or first principles; preparation of suitability letters; dealing with ongoing client enquiries.
- Mentoring/training/support of junior paraplanners and administration staff
- Process improvements – review, enhance and streamline operational paraplanning processes, systems and procedures to enhance operational efficiency
- Follow compliance processes to manage risk whilst ensuring excellent outcomes for clients
- Adhere to quality standards and delivering the highest level of client experience.
- As for all staff, to contribute to the strategic development and direction of the business
The Skills and Experience:
- In depth experience of the financial planning process and an understanding of the associated compliance and risk requirements
- Driven and goal focused with the ability to complete tasks under pressure on time and right first time.
- Great attention to detail and not afraid to suggest alternatives to enhance process efficiency
- Graduate level or equivalent with strong numeracy and literacy skills
- DipPFS or equivalent and desire to progress to Chartered status and or specialise
- Preferable – existing management/training/mentoring experience
Please send your CV to our MD, Tony Conner, via his email address firstname.lastname@example.org before 5pm on Friday 24th July.
If your CV is short-listed, you will be contacted by telephone in the first instance to discuss your experience and the role in more detail.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE.
Episode 90 - Helping People Make Better Decisions with George Agan
In this episode, Dan chats with George Agan of Pension Help, who is also the man behind Principles Personal Finance, an education project which has just been launched for the public.
Subscribe to our mailing list
Become a Member
CPD in a Box, A discount on the annual conference, NextGen Premium content & much more
Get in touch
If you have questions, queries or would like to make a suggestions, please don't hesitate to get in touch with us.