Cross Border Financial Planning are looking for a Financial Planner to join their fast-growing company that specialises in working with British expatriates and foreign nationals who live and work in the UK. It is a role that could be suitable for someone who is just starting their career in Financial Advice and would like the scope to be able to develop within the company as it grows. The financial planning principles remain the same, but the advice is tailored to the unique requirements of international clients.
Examples of typical clients could be a British expat retiring permanently to Australia, an American expat living in the UK, or a UK national working in the UAE for a few years. Each one of these scenarios requires a different planning technique to maximise the opportunities available to them and these would be the types of clients that you would be working with.
Financial planning experience is desirable but there is no need for international or cross border planning experience. You will be provided with the support to learn these specialist skills and apply them to working with High-Net-Worth individuals and families around the world. Cross Border Financial Planning help and encourage you to expand your knowledge in areas that will enhance your ability to provide advice to clients. The role often involves problem solving and implementing solutions to client situations that vary from country to country, so an eagerness to continue learning is important.
With the assistance of the company’s support team, you will be provided with existing clients and new enquiries. Cross Border Financial Planning will also make available the opportunities to build your network both in the UK and internationally with overseas travel. Progression within the company offers the option to relocate and help grow Cross Border Financial Planning’s presence abroad.
Some experience gained in a financial services environment
- Fully or almost qualified to level 4 in Regulated Financial Planning
- Desired skills
- Be able to communicate and present in a professional manner
- Respectful and considerate with colleagues and clients
- Good attention to detail and accuracy
- A proactive attitude and enthusiasm to develop innovative ideas
- Acting with integrity to help clients achieve their goals and putting their needs first
- Annual Salary £25,000 – £35,000 – If you have clients to bring with you the salary shall be adjusted accordingly to reflect this.
- Discretionary bonus structure based on personal and business performance
- To be provided the support needed to learn the cross border role you will need to initially work from the office by Chippenham train station. As you learn the role, remote working is possible.
To find out more about the role, please contact Edward Cole on email@example.com
Subscribe to our mailing list
Become a Member
CPD in a Box, A discount on the annual conference, NextGen Premium content & much more
Get in touch
If you have questions, queries or would like to make a suggestions, please don't hesitate to get in touch with us.