The role of Financial Planning Assistant (FPA) involves providing an administration service for the financial planners and client relationship managers who in turn provide financial planning and portfolio management services to high net worth clients.
Our FPAs are responsible for:
- Assisting the financial planners with the preparation of client annual reviews
- Processing new business applications
- Preparing letters of authority, obtaining policy information and updating records
- Assisting in the production of relevant paperwork such as valuations, reports, illustrations, letters, application forms, spreadsheets, presentations and other documents as required by the team
- Checking and updating valuations and other policy details
- Developing relationships with clients, arranging client meetings and collating supporting documents
- Ensuring the client database is up to date including checking and updating valuations and other policy details
- Welcoming clients at office, preparing meeting rooms as required
- General administration – filing and scanning documents, updating spreadsheets, typing, allocating and actioning post and answering the telephone as required
Who would we like to join us?
At Paradigm Norton it’s not just about what work you do – it’s about how you do it. So, as well as excellent administrative experience you’ll need to demonstrate the right behaviours to ensure we continue to deliver excellent standards of client service.
Technical knowledge / experience:
You’ll have good administrative experience from working in a financial services organisation – whilst specific experience supporting Financial Planners would be advantageous, we will also consider candidates who have worked in an administrative role within a bank, building society and pension or insurance companies.
Wherever you’ve been working, you will have a strong mathematical aptitude and a good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel and Outlook) and accurate typing and data input.
Our business management system is Intelligent Office so experience of working with this would also be beneficial.
Behaviours and competencies:
You’ll always have clients (both internal and external) at the forefront of your thoughts, seeking opportunities to surprise and delight at all times. You’ll proactively manage your workload, always thinking one-step ahead about how you are able to support your team and others.
With a great eye for detail, you will take huge pride in consistently producing high quality work.
A real team player and great communicator, you’ll be confident at building relationships with clients and colleagues and collaborating with others – understanding and appreciating others’ experiences.
You will take a real interest in your development and will look for and take advantage of learning opportunities, showing curiosity and willingness to explore multiple possibilities or challenge the norm.
Who are we?
Established in 2001, Paradigm Norton are one of the largest truly independent financial planning companies in England, servicing over 1,400 families with over £1.1 billion of assets under our management and employing a team of 70 across three offices: Bristol, London and Torquay.
Along the way we’ve achieved a number of milestones that we’re really proud of:
- Employee Owned – in March 2019 we became an employee-owned business allowing us to retain our values based financial planning service for decades to come
- Certified B Corporation® – in September 2019 we became B-Corp which means that we met the highest standards of verified social and environmental performance, public transparency, and legal accountability to balance profit and purpose
- Award winning – we are the only financial planning firm to have won the prestigious Citywire New Model Adviser South West award 11 times, most recently in 2020
Why join us?
We’re a Financial Planning firm that has clients and our team at our heart.
As planners we know that whilst some of the value that we provide to clients can be quantifiable and tangible, just as important is the value that we add that’s difficult to quantify – it’s how we help a client turn a dream into a reality. After all, money matters, but life matters more.
A career at Paradigm Norton is more than just a job. We are proud to boast one of the most talented and highly qualified financial planning teams in the UK and we place people at the heart of our company values.
Each year we celebrate the team’s successes by spending a day away from the office reflecting on our achievements, having fun and looking at the next twelve months.
Salary & Benefits
Paradigm Norton will offer you a competitive salary commensurate with your experience and qualifications.
In addition, alongside ensuring you come into a great working environment we will provide you with the following benefits:
- 23 days’ holiday plus 12 wellbeing days to take throughout the year
- Life Assurance scheme (4 times salary)
- Generous Employer’s Pension Contribution
- Income Protection Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance for employees, their spouses/partners and any dependent children as well as a
- Healthcare Cash Plan Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Professional Development – we will support you in working towards a Diploma in Financial Planning.
- Location & hours
This is a full time role is to support our Client Managers & Planners in our London office – we would expect you to work from the office whilst being supportive of working part of your week from home.
How to apply
Dawn O’Shea at CV Elite is recruiting the Financial Services Administrator (Financial Planning Assistant).
Please contact her on 07779 108112 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subscribe to our mailing list
Become a Member
CPD in a Box, A discount on the annual conference, NextGen Premium content & much more
Get in touch
If you have questions, queries or would like to make a suggestions, please don't hesitate to get in touch with us.