The Mortgage & Protection Technician plays a pivotal role in the expert maintenance and management of client accounts within the team. This is a highly technical function, where industry knowledge is crucial, as is the ability to engender positive relationships with clients, colleagues and providers that are built on trust.
The Mortgage & Protection Technician has a forward thinking approach to account management. A self-starter, the ideal Mortgage & Protection Technician thinks laterally and manages multiple accounts seamlessly.
The role requires the Mortgage & Protection Technician to uphold best practices within the firm ensuring compliance procedures are adhered to at all times whilst actively contribute to the profitability of the location.
Key Objectives and Accountabilities
- Process, Systems and File Management
Prepare all pre-meeting requirements ahead of meeting, to include:
- Summary of ‘objective of the meeting’ plus ongoing issues.
- Proposed agenda.
Post-meeting Task Management & Administration
Progress all meeting action points and facilitate account administration to include:
- Processing of mortgages, protection and general insurances.
- Agree actions points with adviser.
- Update last review date on system and ensure advisor updates next review date.
- Draft report/kfi’s, add attachments and confirm with adviser (immediately post meeting).
- Obtain compliance pre-approval where required.
- Ensure all application forms are completed and signed.
- Enter all action requirements immediately onto task management.
- Complete report, obtain adviser sign-off for new business recommendation summary.
- Send post meeting report to client, complete with appropriate documentation.
- Ensure systems are kept up to date with general planning notes and correct documentation and client data.
- Keep fact find status updated, in conjunction with adviser.
- Maintain diary, tracker, outlook, ACT!, OWS, tasks and KPIs, regularly, frequently and accurately.
- Proof all application forms to ensure accurate completion.
- Obtain illustration/quotations as required.
- Compile ‘suitability report’ letters to an appropriate standard.
- Obtain information from client to explain why plans are not taken up, or lapse, and enter onto systems.
- Liaising with providers, solicitors’ and any other third party to keep within deadlines.
- Monitor and manage pipeline and new business applications progress with Administrator and advise/update line manager.
- Chase adviser fees from clients and/or provider(s), as necessary.
- Deal with day to day correspondence from clients in an accurate and timely manner.
- Complete filing daily.
2. Relationship Management
- Attend office based assigned client meetings with adviser where required.
- Keep abreast of current legislation.
- Keep abreast of client complaints – ensure line manager and adviser are informed as they arise.
- Maintain regular schedule of client reviews in accordance with client review process document.
- Meet clients as necessary to obtain information and/or signatures or to deliver correspondence.
- Proactively manage the client relationship – call to offer help, advice, guidance, as appropriate.
3. Team Membership
- Provide cross-team support to colleagues by managing their client task administration when required (for example, during periods of absence or heavy workload).
- Support and deputise for Client Services Administrator/ Senior Client Services Administrator when required (for example, during periods of absence or heavy workload).
- Work proactively towards shared team goals.
- Assist Team Administrator with answering incoming calls and PA duties.
- Assist Team Administrator with greeting Clients in reception upon arrival.
- Accept ad hoc duties when requested.
- Mentor junior colleagues, formally and informally.
- Share information freely and appropriately.
- Deliver thoughtful and constructive feedback.
- Be open to constructive feedback.
The contents of this Job Description may vary to meet operational needs. Additional and ad hoc duties may be required from time to time.
For more information please get in touch with Kris on email@example.com.
Subscribe to our mailing list
Become a Member
CPD in a Box, A discount on the annual conference, NextGen Premium content & much more
Get in touch
If you have questions, queries or would like to make a suggestions, please don't hesitate to get in touch with us.