Main purposes of the role:
A varied role providing support to a director, working as part of a team. Your role will involve office managerial responsibilities ensuring the office runs efficiently.
To manage, inspire, motivate, and support a team in the delivery at the highest level. As a leader you will be conducting training sessions with your team to help aid them provide exceptional customer experience.
- Lead and coach a team to meet and exceed business objectives, ensuring that financial, operational, and quality metrics are consistently achieved.
- Monitor and review processes and make/suggest improvements where necessary to add value
- Makes regular reports to management about colleagues’ milestones and progress
- Facilitate a culture of open and honest two-way communication with all team members.
- Continually review and monitor work performance against agreed KPI’s.
- Manage issues through assessment and apply corrective action
- Holds regular meetings to discuss performance and hear their views and suggestions (e.g. every February, June, October)
- Responsible for recruitment and retention
- Follow a process of continuous review and proactive management of absenteeism and attrition
- Coach, develop and motivate by providing suitable skills and knowledge to perform their duties.
- To ensure that all are aware of Company procedures, policies, rules, and regulations and that they are adhered to it all times
- Maintains confidentiality regarding personnel information by keeping sensitive documents private and secure (GDPR)
- Liaises with management/providers (BDMs, GPs, wills etc) to ensure quality of service
- Other duties as assigned and in line with business requirements
- Excellent telephone, computer/keyboard, verbal, and written communication skills and experience with CRM
- Good numeric and verbal reasoning skills.
- To be client focused at all times
- To be responsible for the day to day operation of the office
- Ensuring applications are completed in a timely manner
- Lead by example, be approachable, and demonstrate a “can do” attitude, to develop a culture of working together to help us all achieve the best outcome
- Work to targets (e.g. quality of handling customer contacts); able to manage own time and prioritise tasks to meet and exceed these targets.
- Conscientious and reliable individual who is self-motivated.
- Values diversity within a team, and can see the strengths in all individuals
- Enthusiastic with positive attitude to work; unafraid to challenge the status quo but risk aware; willing to add extra value to the service provided.
- Ability to handle multiple work projects running concurrently as the business need arises
- Capability to work independently and prioritise workload
- Excellent administration and organisational skills,
- Enjoy being part of a team and making a positive contribution,
- Strong team player. Visible and happy to help other members of the team, keeps their word. Contributes to team objectives. Recognises skill gaps and potential for development both in oneself and others.
- Thinks clearly and quickly about issues. Has an eye for detail and identifies critical information. Copes well with complexity. Uses the relevant information to make the appropriate judgment.
- Ability to work on own initiative. Knows the right questions to ask, and therefore identifies issues. Is able to deal with a number of tasks simultaneously by planning and organising
- Communicates in such a way that key messages cannot be mis-interpreted
These tasks are not exhaustive, and you may be required to be agile to carry out other tasks as required.
Health & Safety:
- Comply with all Legal & Company Health & Safety regulations within the office for customers and staff
- Ensure the safe use of electrical equipment, manual handling and general housekeeping of the office.
- Keep all risk assessments up to date and ensure risk assessments are completed on all pregnant members of staff.
- Make sure the office has a fully functional and working Health & Safety process that meetings are held regularly, and minutes are noted
- Operate in a safe manner, complying with all health, safety, and environmental requirements to ensure own and safety of others
- Keep areas of work clean and tidy to ensure operational efficiency
Director & Office Manager
Find out more:
Candidates are free to contact the office on 0116 2717 367 and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subscribe to our mailing list
Become a Member
CPD in a Box, A discount on the annual conference, NextGen Premium content & much more
Get in touch
If you have questions, queries or would like to make a suggestions, please don't hesitate to get in touch with us.