A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced paraplanner to join our Personal Wealth team. As a new team we are looking for a candidate who is flexible and confident to provide their input as the team continues to develop and grow.
We are looking for a candidate with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a Paraplanner role. Ideally you will come from an independent firm of Financial Advisers, although those with restricted backgrounds will also be considered. You should be Diploma qualified, or working towards this qualification, and have excellent communication skills as you may be dealing directly with clients.
Your main role will involve research and report writing and as such all candidates must be competent suitability report writers and must have experience of writing varied reports on different products and services.
Salary on this role is negotiable depending on experience and qualifications. As a growing business the role has scope for progression in the future. We are happy for staff to work from home up to a couple of days per week.
- Prepare quality and technically accurate client suitability reports
- Research suitable funds for clients
- Maintain the client back office system (iO)
- Keep up to date with new legislative changes
- Working closely with financial advisers and administrators to ensure a high standard of advice and service to clients
- Producing all the relevant paperwork for the client, on behalf of the adviser, including quotations, illustrations and valuations
- Dealing with queries from clients, advisers or colleagues, taking the appropriate action to ensure the query is dealt with in a timely and effective manner.
- Providing professional customer service to new and existing clients via telephone, email and face to face when required.
Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge and Attributes
Educated to A-Level (or equivalent)
- Have at least 3 years experience within an IFA/Financial Planning firm
- Have experience of IO back office software
- Strong report writing skills
- Be experienced with research and reports regarding a range of pensions and investments
- Good working knowledge of IO database is preferred
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to multi task and prioritise effectively
- Excellent communication skills
- High level of organisational skills
- Team player with a hands-on motivated approach
If you would like to hear more about this role, please contact Matthew.Hulks@hymans.co.uk. Or, you can apply directly via this link – click here.
Subscribe to our mailing list
Become a Member
CPD in a Box, A discount on the annual conference, NextGen Premium content & much more
Get in touch
If you have questions, queries or would like to make a suggestions, please don't hesitate to get in touch with us.