About EQ Investors
EQ Investors (EQ) is an award-winning, boutique wealth manager providing financial advice and investment management services to individuals, small businesses and charitable endowments.
EQ is a Certified B Corporation, an internationally recognised standard for companies that believe in business as a force for good. Making a positive contribution to the wider community is a core part of our business philosophy.
Responsible for the day to day technical consulting/paraplanning analysis and problem-solving activities of the business, including the provision of suitability reports and client portfolio reviews as required to deliver robust performance that aligns with our chosen business strategy.
- You will have an in-depth understanding of financial planning and the investment arena and keep up to date with all relevant product, legislative or technical changes pertinent to the role.
- Able to demonstrate competencies in the application of knowledge and skills to help deliver high quality implementation of technical consultant advice to clients.
- To deliver exceptional analysis of services available to clients whilst maintaining sound risk management and compliance practices.
- Deliver confident customer service to clients and consultants, handling day to day queries relating to new and existing business.
- Support the Compliance Officer and liaise with the Administration Team in their day to day administrative duties.
- To establish close working relationships with all areas of your internal team area (e.g with Team Head, other Consultants, Administration and other Technical Consultant)
- Be a strong team player who continuously improves their skills, experience and qualifications.
- Direct Line management and responsibility for other Technical Consultant within the team
- Prepare robust suitability letters for all areas of financial planning.
- Adhere to compliance and regulatory requirements.
- Client portfolio reviews including investment analysis.
- Provide technical support to Consultants and the Administration team.
- Maintain all records (electronic and paper) in line with EQ’s procedures.
- Maintain performance standards in line with client agreements.
- Liaise with Administration to ensure smooth processing of new business.
- Attend client/product provider meetings, where appropriate.
- Maintain team process maps and procedures.
Risk and Change Management:
Adhere to risk management procedures and controls across the business including:
- Maintain training and competency
- Full engagement with compliance to ensure adherence to regulatory requirements
- Adhere to EQ Investors risk governance procedures
- Manage reputational risk and in particular ensure adherence to EQ procedures covering ongoing Know Your Customer and Money Laundering responsibilities.
- Embrace Change Management and Project activities across business functions
Line Management of Technical Consultant:
- Responsible for day-to-day line management of Technical Consultant
- Responsible for training and development of Technical Consultant in the team
- Performance Management – Responsible for formatting objectives and leading appraisal and performance management of Technical Consultant within the team
Key Clients (internal and external)
Internal clients will be:
- Team Head
- Technical Consultant
- Head of Technical Consulting
- Working Team (Team Head, Consultants, Administration)
External clients will include:
- Private Clients & Prospects
Skills and Professional Qualifications
- At least 3 years’ experience within a similar role within a Wealth Manager/financial advisory practice.
- Effective listening and communicating skills.
- Relevant experience of working within a Financial Planning environment (consultancy, IFA, Insurance, Company etc.
- Workload prioritisation, business, risk management and compliance training, health & safety (ergonomics/ managing general wellbeing) and working with others.
- Demonstrates empathy with social and environmental issues through either professional or personal experience.
- Clear communicator and excellent written English.
- Able to handle conflict fairly and with authority.
- Able to prioritise and communicate changes in situation.
- Able to work independently.
- Happy to accept challenge.
- Have a ‘solution’ mindset rather than just seeing problems.
- Understand the financial planning process.
- Able to calculate a client’s Income Tax position and potential IHT liability.
- Able to understand and interpret a TVAS report. Including articulating the weaknesses.
- Understand how trusts are taxed and where different trusts would be appropriate.
- Highly proficient in both MS Word and MS Excel.
- Comfortable using FE and Selectapension (or equivalents).
- Ability to present and write technical papers on all matters relevant to their area of expertise and responsibilities.
- Experience of 1st software, Pension Profiler, Defaqto and Voyant desirable.
- Pension transfer experience.
- Strong product knowledge.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to manage a challenging workload with competing demands
Education & Qualifications
- Educated to GCE A-Level standard
- Diploma qualified (CII or CISI) and working towards obtaining Chartered Financial Planning qualifications (e.g. within 12-18 months)
Salary & Benefits
The role is a full-time position based at our office near Monument in London with a salary of £50-55k depending on experience + discretionary bonus (10% of salary). Other benefits include:
- 25 days annual leave.
- Auto enrolled into the company pension scheme after 3 months employment – paying up to 6% matched employer pension contributions
- GLA (4 x Salary) & GIP (75% of Salary).
- Opportunity to join company SIP share scheme and electric vehicle car scheme after a year’s employment.
- Flexible & Remote Working Policy in operation.
- Cycle to work scheme – soon to be introduced.
Subscribe to our mailing list
Become a Member
CPD in a Box, A discount on the annual conference, NextGen Premium content & much more
Get in touch
If you have questions, queries or would like to make a suggestions, please don't hesitate to get in touch with us.